REV UP for National Disability Voter Registration Week
National Disability Voter Registration Week is July 13-17th. The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition invites you to join us to grow the power of the disability vote.
Make sure you’re registered to vote and spread the word to others. It can be a virtual event, phone banking to call your members or friends, social media messages or whatever works for you! The Disability Vote Coalition website has resources and ideas to get your started.
The Disability Vote Coalition is hosting the following trainings and events to REV UP the disability vote. JOIN US!
July 13th at 11 a.m. – Voting in the Time of Pandemic Part 2: A Training for Front-Line Staff.
This event will instruct staff who work with people with disabilities and older adults (internal advocates, member rights specialists, care managers, IRIS consultants, etc.) on how to support their members with voter registration, absentee voting, and voter rights.
July 14th at 2 PM – Voting Training with People First Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition and People First Wisconsin are celebrating National Disability Voter Registration Week (NDVRW). Voters with disabilities are under-represented at the ballot box. Let’s work together to REV UP the disability voting by getting more people registered! Join us on Tuesday, July 14th 2:00 – 2:30 pm to learn more about voter registration, absentee voting, voter rights, and voter resources.
Register at disabilityvote.org/
July 16th at 9 AM – Statewide press event to highlight National Disability Voter Registration Week
On Thursday, July 16, 2020, the Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition will host a statewide virtual press conference to recognize and highlight National Disability Voter Registration week. A panel of advocates from around Wisconsin will discuss the efforts of the Disability Vote Coalition to advance policies to eliminate barriers to voting, as well as share stories from voters with disabilities about the importance of revving up the disability vote.
Join us on Facebook Live, Thursday July 16th at 9 am. We will REV UP the disability vote for National Disability Voter Registration Week.
|VOTING TIPS FOR THE AUGUST 11TH ELECTION|
- The next statewide election in Wisconsin is the August 11th Partisan Primary. Offices to be elected include all US Congressional Representatives; all State Assembly Representatives, State Senators from even-numbered districts, and county District Attorneys.
- Be a prepared voter! See what’s on your ballot at myvote.wi.gov/en-US/MyBallot
- Check your voter registration status at myvote.wi.gov/. Eligible Wisconsin Voters who have a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID Card can register completely online at MyVote. You may also update your voter registration information if you have a new address.
- If you are a registered voter, you can request your absentee ballot now at MyVote at myvote.wi.gov/en-us/VoteAbsentee.
- Wisconsin law requires that you must show an Acceptable Photo ID to vote at the polls or by absentee ballot. If you do not have an acceptable Photo ID for voting, act now. Apply for a free Photo ID for voting at the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Their Voter ID Hotline is: (844) 588-1069
- Learn about the candidates at Vote411.org
- When you vote in the August 11 Partisan Primary, you must choose a political party and only vote for candidates within that political party. Voting in more than one political party may void your voting choices.
|Help is available! Contact these resources:|
- Your municipal clerk. Look up on myvote.wi.gov/en-US/MyMunicipalClerk.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline: 1-844-347-8683 / 1-844-DIS-VOTE. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Disability Vote Coalition: disabilityvote.org/
- Wisconsin Elections Commission: 1-866-VOTE-WIS email@example.com elections.wi.gov/
The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition is a project of Disability Rights Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities.