July 15th, 2020
Voting News from the Disability Vote Coalition
The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition is a non-partisan effort to help ensure full participation in the electoral process of voters with disabilities.
National Disability Voter Registration Week Update
Join us July 16th at 9 AM
|Statewide event to highlight National Disability Voter Registration Week
|On Thursday, July 16, 2020, the Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition is hosting a statewide virtual panel discussion and press conference to recognize and highlight National Disability Voter Registration week. A panel of advocates from around Wisconsin will discuss the efforts of the Disability Vote Coalition to advance policies to eliminate barriers to voting, and share stories from voters with disabilities about the importance of revving up the disability vote.
|Join us on Facebook Live, Thursday, July 16th at 9:00 a.m. We will REV UP the disability vote for National Disability Voter Registration Week!
- The Wisconsin Election Commission has issued new guidance regarding absentee voting at care facilities in 2020. These documents provide care facility staff with guidance on how to assist residents to register to voter, to request an absentee ballot, and to complete and submit and absentee ballot.
- Because of concern about COVID 19, the Disability Vote Coalition encourages voters with disabilities to vote absentee in the August 11 and November 2020 election. To learn more about absentee voting, check out our new absentee voting fact sheet.
- Key Questions for Candidates. Election season is an important time to educate the candidates and the community about disability issues. Use the Disability Vote Coalition Key Questions for Congressional Candidates and Key Questions for State Candidates to educate candidates.
Help is available! Contact these resources:
- Your municipal clerk: wi.gov/en-US/MyMunicipalClerk.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline: 1-844-347-8683 / 1-844-DIS-VOTE
Email us at email@example.com
Disability Vote Coalition: disabilityvote.org
- Wisconsin Elections Commission:
- DMV Voter ID Hotline: (844) 588-1069. Apply for a free Photo ID for voting at the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Vote411.org: nonpartisan information about the candidates