Tips from Personal Assistant Services at CILWW:
Did you know that falls account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits, and that fractures are the most serious consequence of falls and occur in 5% of all people who fall? Many times these falls can be avoided with some simple reminders/tips:
- Make sure area is well-lit.
- Remove all clutter and throw rugs.
- Do not walk with socks on or barefoot. It is best to have a rubber-soled shoe or slipper on your feet.
- Get up slowly when changing positions.
- Use non-slip mat or strips in shower/bath.
The photo is of several people holding hands.