: a a a a
: A A A

Read your website out loud. Click on any text element in your page.
Distraction Free Mask. Block unneccessary content.
Changes the Default Cursor & Pointer to a large version.
Simplify any page on our website with 1 click.
Drag Accessibility Icon and Popup to any position on your page.
Accessibility Menu Drag Me
The Center for Independent Living Western Wisconsin

This is a special election to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of Representative Duffy. The candidates are Tom Tiffany (Republican) and Tricia Zunker (Democrat). Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District includes Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Clark, Douglas, Florence, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Polk, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix, Taylor, Vilas, and Washburn counties. Portions of Chippewa, Jackson, Juneau, Monroe, and Wood counties are also in the district.

Map of Wisconsin voting districts. District 7 highlighted.

Due to continued concerns about COVID 19, the Wisconsin Elections Commission encourages registered voters to request an absentee ballot for the May 12th election.
If you live in the 7th Congressional District, do not delay – request your absentee ballot today! The deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail is Thursday, May 7. Voters should not wait because processing or postal delays could make it difficult to receive and return the ballot by May 12.

There are several ways to request an absentee ballot.

  • Voter with internet access may request their ballot at My Vote Wisconsin: myvote.wi.gov. If you don’t already have a photo ID on file with your clerk’s office, you will need to upload a photo of your photo ID.
  • Voters can also request absentee ballots by mailing, emailing or faxing their municipal clerk’s office. You can find your clerk’s contact information on MyVote Wisconsin. These requests must be accompanied by a copy of your photo ID. If you already have a photo ID on file from previous absentee requests under your current registration, you will not need to provide it again.
  • Voters can vote early at their local clerk’s office through May 10th. This is called “in-person absentee voting.” If you need to register to vote, you may do so at this time. You must provide a Proof of Residence document when registering to vote.

For additional information, check out the Disability Vote Coalition May 12, 2020 Special Election Frequently Asked Questions.