Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Work location: 2920 Schneider Ave SE, Menomonie, WI
Benefits: Health, Life, Disability, Retirement, Dental, Vacation, Sick, paid Holidays
Bachelor’s degree desired, starting salary range: 40,000 to 45,000
Interested parties to submit: letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to: Human Resource, 2920 Schneider Ave SE, Menomonie, WI 54751 or email to email@example.com
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Center Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing overall administration of the Human Resources and to implement the compliance of all Wisconsin and Federal employment issues and laws.
- Oversee and conduct recruitment efforts for all employees (this includes preparing notices and advertisements)
- Coordinate reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle reports through authorized vendors, complete E-Verify and New Hire reporting.
- Participate with Program Directors in the screening and interviewing process
- Conduct new employee orientations which include policy and benefits
- Participate in disciplinary and corrective action process
- Insure knowledge and compliance with current state and federal employment laws, including worker’s compensation, unemployment, OSHA, HIPAA, along with laws such as American with Disabilities (ADA), Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Wisconsin Fair Employment.
- Maintain agency Affirmative Action Plan, Civil Rights Compliance Plan, and Limited English Proficiency policy,
- Review and make recommendation annually to Management for improvement of agency policies and procedures for Board consideration.
- Monitor and maintain employee benefit and payroll records for sick time, vacation time, works hours, travel expenses, health, TSA, flex, WC claims, FMLA, COBRA, Aflac, etc.
- Available for day to day questions
- Manage and maintain employee files
- Coordinate and participate in exit interviews
- Provide research for cost effective insurance policies
- Represent agency at employee related hearings and/or investigations
- Develop and maintain an HR procedure manual
- Fulfill objectives of all CILWW IL objectives while establishing and maintaining knowledge on CIL’s IL programs
- Participate in appropriate staff development and training opportunities on IL issues
- Promote Independent Living philosophy and disability awareness and programs
- All other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or related field) required
- Knowledgeable of employment laws, state and federal
- Experience with office procedures and requirements
- Working knowledge of computer data processing and spread sheet programs (DBase, Quicken, Lotus, Excel, or similar programs)
- Working knowledge of a computer word processing program (i.e. Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Word Star, etc.)
- Appropriate written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in maintaining historical records and confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team
- Creative in problem solving
- Ability to travel independently
Skills and Demands:
- Language skills: ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write reports. Ability to speak effectively.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out agency goals and follow instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Physical demands: able to successfully perform the essential functions of their job.
- Communicate effectively utilizing phone equipment and computer