The Disability Rights Wisconsin
PAIMI Advisory Council
Invites you to a Virtual Event:
DRW’s Mental Health
Information and Input
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
5 – 6 PM
- Learn about DRW’s mental health advocacy assistance and systemic work for children
related to schools and youth justice.
- Share your ideas on the supports you think are most important for children and adults
with mental health needs to support their recovery and live successfully in the community.
- Provide your suggested priorities for DRW’s mental health advocacy.
- The session is open to all. We are especially interested in hearing from people who
receive mental health services, as well as family members and service providers.
Pre-registration is required. Register at: http://www.drwi.org/pac-event
Accommodation Requests: Captioning will be provided for this Zoom event. To request
other disability related accommodations, email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2nd. We
will do our best to address requests received after that date.
If you are interested but can’t attend, complete our survey:
DRW PAIMI Priorities survey – Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Welcome, Teresa Wargo – DRW PAIMI Advisory Council Chair
- DRW PAIMI Advocacy Assistance and Systemic Work addressing access to
education and youth justice: Phyllis Greenberger, Lead Advocacy Specialist
- Discussion: share your questions and suggestions, facilitated by the DRW PAIMI
About the DRW PAIMI Advisory Council
Disability Rights Wisconsin (DRW) is the Protection and Advocacy organization for
Wisconsinites with disabilities. Our PAIMI program (Protection and Advocacy for Individuals
with Mental Illness) works to protect the human and civil rights of children and adults with
serious mental health conditions. This work is supported by a PAIMI Advisory Council.
The Council helps staff and board of directors of DRW set priorities for the PAIMI program
and advises the board on policies and issues that affect people with mental illness. The
Council also serves as a liaison to the communities its members represent.
|Teresa Wargo*, Chair||Pulaski, WI|
|Christine (Chrissy) Barnard, Secretary||Superior, WI|
|Mark Flower||Milwaukee, WI|
|Sae Kim||Menomonie, WI|
|Naomi Kowald||Cambria, WI|
|Reggie Leckel||Poplar, WI|
|Veronica Powell||Milwaukee, WI|
|Saphronia Purnell-Carson*||Green Bay, WI|
|Tim Saubers||Madison, WI|
*Serves on the DRW Board of Directors