At the Center for Independent Living Western Wisconsin we know that things are tough with the current situation going on with COVID-19. This virus has likely brought new changes to your lives that include: altering daily routines, financial pressures, social isolation, and fears related to the virus itself. We have noticed that there has been an increase in mental health conditions because of this pandemic, such as: anxiety, fear, sadness, and loneliness. The normal things that you could do before to make some of the emotions subside are no longer available. Human interaction is typically a necessity in some way, shape, or form. Just know that you are not alone and that many others are feeling similar to you. We just want you to all know that we are here for you and have found some good resources just in case things get to be too tough for you.
There are resources out there called warm lines. Warm lines have people who are available on a daily basis at various hours to help people through this crisis and all other types of crisis. They are not mandated reporters and are just there to listen to you and help calm you down in any way possible. There are many warm lines that exist but we are going to provide you with two.
- Monarch House
- Phone Number: (715) 505-5641
- Monarch House covers the 715 area code, which is about 34 Northwest Wisconsin counties including Chippewa Valley area. Callers that reside in these areas but do not have a 715 area code attached to their phone are asked to leave a voicemail and state their residence. Then someone from Monarch House will get back to them as soon as possible.
- Hours: 24/7
- They also hold virtual peer support every day from 12:00 pm-5:00 pm where a peer supporter from WIMA will be available online to offer face-to-face peer support via a video chat platform to anyone who is interested in participating.
You can join in at https://meet.google.com/drq-ydfu-cje
- Monarch House’s Website: https://www.milkweedalliance.org/monarch-house
- Monarch House’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MonarchHousePeerRunRespite/
- Leaven Emotional CPR in Neenah, WI
- Phone Number: (920) 738-9635
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Leaven connects with anyone who is feeling alone, afraid, or just wanting connection with another human being.
- They are not clinicians, but they are CPR trained listeners.
- Leaven’s Website: https://www.leavenfoxcities.org/6c3xorsb2s6rhxdes4jalig2d3lxwn
Remember that you are not alone and that this will pass eventually.