Part time, up to 29 hours/week, $13.50-15.00
- Reports to: PAS Employee Specialist
- Office Location: Menomonie, WI
- Job Type: Part-Time, up to 29 hours per week
- Starting Date: ASAP
Personal Assistants (PA’s) provide personal care, supportive home, care, respite and mentoring services to consumers in need of in-home services. PA’s are employees of the Center for Independent Living for Western Wisconsin, Inc. (CILWW) PAS agency program. PA’s are directly supervised by the PAS Program Manager with the coordination of the consumer(s) for whom they provide personal services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to individuals living in their own homes, with the goals of maximizing their independence for as long as possible.
- Demonstrate and disseminate IL Philosophy in daily work action. Serve as an advocate for the rights of people with disabilities in the community at large.
- Protect consumer and agency information by adhering to confidentiality standards
- Provide and encourage IL Skills in areas of daily living as directed by care plan
- Assists with homemaking chores including, meal planning/preparation, shopping, laundry, dishes, cleaning, companionship, and transportation/escort
- Provides quality cares as directed by care plan
- Complete in a thorough, accurate and timely manner all timesheets and other documentation required to maintain program services.
- Participation in mandatory trainings and staff meetings
- Be trained in the provision of personal services and in each skill the PA is assigned.
- Perform tasks assigned by the RN with the training that has been provided
- Report any changes to the RN
- For Medicaid billing the PA cannot be a person who is legally responsible relative of the consumer you are providing personal services to.
- Accompanying consumer to obtain medical diagnosis and treatment; must show proof of automobile insurance carrying liability coverage of 100/300/500
- Demonstrate safety precautions for consumer and self by using proper body mechanics, use or infection control, etc.
- Observe all policies stated in the CILWW PAS employee policy manual
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential care satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CILWW/PAS utilizes the Direct Care Competency Curriculum (DCC) for training as determined by funding source upon hire.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated personal responsibility, dependability, confidentiality, and honesty in respecting consumer’s personal property and privacy
- Experience working with the elderly or people with disabilities in a home setting
- Knowledge, skills and ability to perform essential PA duties
- Good written and communication skills and ability to relate well to others
- Willing to become familiar with IL philosophy and concept of Independent Living
- Ability to understand and carry out consumer’s instructions
- Personal phone line or other reliable means of communication
- Good past employment references, if applicable
- Able to travel independently
- Physical strength sufficient to perform required job skills
- Completion of screening, interview and training program conducted by PAS staff
- Be a person who is not legally responsible for the consumer
- Meet ACT 172 requirements
Skills and Demands
- Simple manipulative skills are required to consistently manipulate small appliances such as vacuums, electronic brooms, can openers, etc.
- Ability to concentrate on moderate detail with some interruption
- Reaching overhead to remove and replace dishes, linens, etc.
- A sense of balance is required to safely assist consumers with walkers and canes in ambulation
- Ability to wear gloves and other protective coverings
- Ability to follow instructions and specific ideas behind actions
- Provide support in a range of settings, including but not limited to, in the individual’s own home, social outings, etc.
- Provide companionship and support during daily activities
- Providing transport to and from home and community based activities
- Creating and maintaining and environment that empowers people with a disability
- Performing various household tasks including cooking, cleaning, shopping and general services
- Encouraging and supporting consumer participation in social and community activities
- Keep up to date with consumer needs and progress, and maintain consumer files
Having the ability to read and interpret general information, and effectively present information and responding to questions from the consumer and general public
Ability to add, subtract, in minutes, hours or units of time
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out agency goals and follows instructions furnished.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. For the safety of our Personal Assistants and consumers, CILWW does not authorize adult employees to provide more than 8 hours of hands on care per day and no more than 40 hours per week.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stoop, climb stairs; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; bend; squat; twist and talk or hear and/or perform tasks specific to each consumer’s individual plan of care. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds through different transferring techniques and use of assistive technology.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment will vary depending upon consumer’s home
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position as well as to accommodate the skills, abilities, demands and environment of the position.
At this time, I am able to perform the duties and responsibilities, skills, abilities, demands and work in the environment for the positions of Personal Assistant with/without (circle one) reasonable accommodation
If “with” is circled, a request for reasonable accommodation must be in writing and attached. The request is then processed through your supervisor and human resources and a decision will be made within thirty (30) days provided proper documentation is submitted (if requested)
The above is listed essential functions and qualifications are not all-inclusive as changes and/or other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Participation in mandatory trainings, orientations and staff meetings required.
Interested applicants can send letter of interest with Resume to:
CILWW: Human Resources
2920 Schneider Avenue SE
Menomonie, WI 54751
Apply online at:
Jobnet, Indeed, or Handshake
Interested applicants can also send their letter of interest with resume to Tammy Grage by email at firstname.lastname@example.org