Transportation Specialist – Full-time, starting $12.50
In this position, the Transportation Specialist is responsible for scheduling rides for consumers, and maintaining documentation.
• Completion of rider profiles
• Scheduling of rides
• Obtaining authorizations prior to assigning driver
• Match riders with available driver to meet transportation goals (dispatching)
• Entering rides into PcTrans upon assignment of ride
• Performing information and referral for various county agencies through requests and
• Maintain accurate monitoring and record keeping
• Fulfill objectives of all CILWW transportation objectives while establishing and
maintaining knowledge on CIL’s transportation programs
• Participate in appropriate staff development and training opportunities on transportation
• Promote Independent Living philosophy and disability awareness and programs
• Communicate effectively utilizing phone equipment and computer
• All other assigned duties
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Creative and knowledgeable of community resources.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• General experience with computer and office equipment (ie: copy/fax machines,
• Microsoft Office proficiency (word, excel, outlook, access, publisher)
Skills and Demands:
• Language skills: ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to speak effectively.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply
• Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out agency
goals and follow instructions furnished in written and oral form.
• Physical demands: able to successfully perform the essential functions of their job.
Job Type: Full-time