Human Resource Specialist – Full time, $38,000-45,000
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Job Location: Menomonie, WI
- Job Type: Full Time, Hourly, Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Starting Date: ASAP
- Benefits: Vacation, Holidays, Sick, Health, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, Retirement, & Dental
Under the direct supervision of the Center Executive Director the Human Resources Specialist is responsible for providing overall administration of the Human Resources and to implement the compliance of all Wisconsin and Federal employment issues and laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with recruitment efforts for all employees (this includes preparing notices and advertisements).
- New employee screening, interviewing and conducting new employee orientations. Coordinate reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle reports through authorized vendors, complete E-Verify and New Hire reporting.
- Provide employees with a welcoming first-day experience by handling the new hire orientation process; collect required documents/paperwork, cover employee handbook and important company information, introductions to Manager and team and conduct new hire retention check-ins.
- Responsible for the entire benefits administration process; assist with yearly benefit renewal process, answer employee questions, process benefit claims (unemployment, maternity leave, COBRA, etc.), and evaluate benefit eligibility, and audit benefits for accuracy within our payroll system.
- Create and implement employee relations and retention strategies
- Help mitigate and resolve employee issues; act as a sounding board for employee related issues, communicate issues or important information to upper management as needed, provide managers and employees with advice on handling certain situations. Participate in disciplinary and corrective action process
- Process all terminations/resignations and carry out terminations as needed; advise management on termination situations, assist with exit interviews on resignations and inform/update parties involved on all employees terminated or resigning.
- Responsible for policy implementation and administration; assist admin in maintaining agency policy manual and any policy changes or edits, mitigate issues and ensure compliance by adding/ changing policies, educate and inform employees of changes made.
- Insure knowledge and HR processes are in compliance with current state, local and federal employment laws and regulations
- Manage and maintain employee HR files
- Coordinate employee training needs and certifications, and employee engagement and leadership
- Participate in appropriate staff development and training opportunities on transportation issues
- Promote Independent Living philosophy and disability awareness and programs
- Communicate effectively utilizing phone equipment and computer
- All other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or related field) preferred, or Associate Degree in Human Resources, or a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in human resources.
- Knowledgeable of employment laws, state and federal
- Attention to detail
- Able to make informed, well judged decisions
- Positive personality; enjoys working with people
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- General experience with computer and office equipment (i.e.: copy/fax machines, phones, etc.)
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher)
Skills and Demands:
- Language skills: ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to speak effectively.
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out agency goals and follow instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Physical demands: able to successfully perform the essential functions of their job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: masks required, temp taking upon entry to building, remote working when/if necessary.
Feel free to email your resume, application, interest letter and references to Tammy Grage, at firstname.lastname@example.org.